Clear aligners, also called clear braces or invisible braces, are gaining popularity among teens and adults! People are realizing the true advantage to wearing custom-designed, virtually-invisible clear aligners, instead of traditional braces.
Dr. Alex Shore is proud to be your experienced dentist providing ClearCorrect™ clear aligners in Homewood. Find out why patients at Signature Smile Arts prefer clear braces over any other form of orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of clear aligners
- Less noticeable: Clear braces or clear aligners are more discreet than traditional braces. They’re virtually undetectable when they’re in place! No matter the type of lifestyle you live, you can go about your social and professional life confidently while undergoing clear aligner treatment.
- Improved comfort: Clear aligners are more comfortable than traditional braces. With metal braces, patients have a metal setup in their mouth that can irritate the inner side of cheeks and lips by rubbing against it. Your clear aligners will have smooth, rounded edges, specially-designed to fit comfortably in your mouth without causing irritation.
- Removable: You can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth and floss. You can remove your aligners for special occasions too! You won’t have any dietary restrictions and your favorite foods are still on the table. There’s no need to change your lifestyle or oral hygiene routine with clear aligners.
- Fewer dentist visits: Unlike metal braces that require frequent visits, clear aligners may require follow-up appointments after eight weeks or more. Patients can switch their trays at home according to their doctor’s instructions.
How do clear aligners work?
Clear aligners use plastic trays to apply pressure on the misaligned teeth and guide them to the desired position. These clear aligners are made of BPA-free, high-quality, flexible plastic.
Your clear aligners will come in sets, with one custom-designed clear aligner tray for your top teeth and another tray for your bottom teeth. You’ll wear each set of aligners for two weeks, at least 22 to 24 hours a day.
After two weeks, you’ll switch your aligners out with the next set. Over time, you’ll notice changes in the alignment of your teeth and in just a few months, you’ll notice a progressively straighter, healthier smile!
How to get clear aligners
The process of getting clear aligners includes a consultation with our 5-star dentist, Dr. Alex Shore, a physical exam of your smile, and a digital mouth impression.
Exam & Digital Impressions
If you’re interested in getting clear aligners, or learning more about your options, start your virtual consultation with us! Here’s how it’ll work:
- Grab your phone and enter your number to start the process.
- We’ll text you a link.
- You’ll snap some photos of your smile.
- We’ll send you your treatment cost estimate.
That’s all you have to do to get started! Next, you’ll visit us in-person for a smile exam, including x-rays and digital impressions of your bite. This is when we’ll get the full picture of your smile to create your personalized treatment plan.
After your exam, we’ll send your scans and x-rays off to the lab, where your custom-made clear aligners will be designed!
Depending on the severity of your case, you may visit us at our Homewood dentist office every six to eight weeks. We will monitor your smile transformation progress and ensure that your teeth are moving according to plan. Clear aligners don’t require any specific maintenance routine!
Is in-office treatment better than at-home (DIY) clear aligners?
Doctor-monitored treatment is always the safer option. Treatment with at-home clear aligners is risky and has been known to result in irreparable damage.
During your clear aligner treatment, Dr. Shore may make some adjustments to your personalized treatment plan based on your progress. This ensures that you achieve the greatest results in the shortest amount of time. With DIY aligners, you won’t have a doctor monitoring your progress to make any necessary adjustments.
At-home clear aligner treatment is risky and oftentimes more expensive than professional clear aligner treatment with us! Don’t take a risk on your smile. Go with the safe, reliable option that won’t leave your results to chance.
Ready to get started with invisible braces?
If you’re ready to start loving your smile with a convenient, modern orthodontic treatment option, get started today. When you submit your phone number, we’ll shoot you a text to start the process!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. Dr. Shore and our friendly team would love to hear from you. We are proud to be your Homewood dentist office!