Why Smile Makeovers can make Such a Difference
A smile makeover can significantly impact your life, improving your confidence and self-esteem. A warm and engaging smile draws people to you and creates an excellent first impression. Considering your smile is part of your identity, investing in a smile makeover makes sense. Whether you desire teeth whitening, filling a gap, or fixing misshapen teeth, there are many emotional and physical benefits of having a smile makeover cosmetic procedure.
What does a Smile Makeover consist of?
A smile makeover is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the aesthetics of the teeth. A smile makeover is not one procedure, but a variety of procedures which can include:
- Fixing teeth discoloration. A lifetime of caffeine and nicotine can lead to the discoloration of teeth. Aging, disease, and medication are other contributing factors to stained teeth. A simple teeth whitening procedure is all that’s required to restore your teeth.
- A crown, often called a cap, gives damaged teeth an even look. Crowns can be both cosmetic and protective and are an excellent choice for chipped, cracked, or broken teeth.
- Direct bonding. If you have a gap between your teeth, direct bonding, which uses a composite resin, works well for filling in gaps.
- Veneers are porcelain layers designed to look like teeth and offer a uniform look to teeth. They are an excellent choice for minor inconsistencies, but some people choose veneers purely for aesthetic reasons to alter the look of their teeth.
- Orthodontic work in Homewood can help straighten and align teeth with the use of braces. Invisalign treatment is a more attractive option, which involves using invisible braces.
- Bonding and shaping. Designed to fix defects, bonding is the art of using resin to shape and mold an area. Our dentist will harden this resin under a special light.
The Smile Makeover Procedure
The procedure for a smile makeover in Homewood is dependent on the type of cosmetic treatment needed. Your first step is to make an appointment with us to discuss your concerns and give comprehensive feedback after taking x-rays and conducting diagnostics. Our dental professional will ask about your medical history before agreeing to complete any procedures. The specialist should show you mock-ups of your new smile in your follow-up appointment and discuss the costs, procedure, and recovery time.
The two most common smile makeover procedures that Signature Smile Arts offers are teeth whitening and veneers.
For permanent veneers, our specialist will grind down the tooth and strip some of the enamel to even out the surface for correct placement and application. Because it’s a significant undertaking, a local anesthetic is needed. The entire process from appointment to procedure typically takes about three weeks.
Teeth whitening is a quick solution for many and takes about an hour to complete. A gel cocktail with hydrogen peroxide is smeared on your teeth to remove impurities.
A smile makeover is a minor cosmetic procedure that will have a massive positive emotional impact on your life and our dentist can perform them. Make an appointment today to discuss creating your perfect smile.
How to Start Your Smile Makeover
If you are ready to restore your smile, contact Signature Smile Arts today to learn about a smile makeover and how it can positively affect your life.